Wednesday, October 15, 2008

milestones

There are so many milestones that we have in life- big and small. On Saturday we had a small one (which Jake was kind enough to take pictures of since I wasn't there). Our truck hit 100,000 miles. Now many of you may not think it's a big deal, but I think it's a fun little thing to celebrate, especially when you know it's a Toyota so it will last another 100,000. I remember celebrating the same thing on my old Toyota Camry in high school. I must admit, I am a little biased towards Toyota, but at least I am honest enough to admit it. :)


Another interesting thing I have been thinking about lately- ever since the BYU vs USU game. It was so interesting to me that those from USU who didn't like the fact that we were BYU fans called us names and used foul language.(USU has the worst fans in the WAC) Now, I know many may think I am crazy for making this connection, but I think it was so sad. I asked one of them: Is that what you do in life? Call someone names and insult them if you disagree with them?
It makes me think of everything that is going on in the political world right now- liberals keep coming up with all these names for conservatives just because they have a different viewpoint- racist, fear-monger, homophobic, etc. It is so interesting to me that all these adults do something that is so immature instead of having a conversation about differing viewpoints. Perhaps it starts with something simple like sports fans....
It also makes me want to improve my communication so that I never catch myself doing something so irrational and immature, but just respectfully disagree with others.

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

I agree with you about Toyotas. My Corolla is a '91, but it gets me around great. They're awesome! (And if it makes you feel any better, I will soon be celebrating the 200,000 mile mark on my Toyota.)