It has occurred to me that my blogs are horribly boring. Lately I don't have to time for many deep thoughts and fun activities let alone writing about them. But I will update you all (if anyone reads this) on the big things going on in our lives right now. We are actively working on getting our jewelry store up and running. Anyone living near Logan, UT needs to come visit us to see the cute store. Today was the grand opening in our store location (we moved from the kiosk to the store) and if I must say so myself I think the store looks pretty good. I would walk into it if I walked by, but I am a little biased. Here are some pictures for those of you (the majority of my blog readers) who are far away and unable to come.
We are also super busy with school. Last week was spring break but we spent the whole time building walls, painting, decorating and moving into the store that it didn't feel like much of a break. During the weekend we went down and did some things in Salt Lake with Jake's family, which was fun. Unfortunately, I think we both got the sickness that was going around the house passed on to us, so this whole back to school after a long break thing is not so fun. (And I'm sure none of the teachers believe you when you say you are sick- they usually think you just took an extended vacation). Anyway, we are plugging along and anxiously awaiting the end of the semester (while fearing the loathsome finals and the horrible grades that come along with being so far behind in our classes.)
I am busy working full time also and because of the budget cuts with USU, Jake got laid off so he is also busy searching for a new job. We are grateful that we have been so blessed up to this point and it has allowed Jake more opportunity to spend more time in the store, which has helped. There are a few opportunities available to him and surprisingly, we feel peace and not tons of pressure at this time (Check back with me in about a month though! )
This past weekend we went through the open house of the new Draper temple, which was amazing. I am so grateful for temples and the special place they are to me. In the temples we make sacred promises with God to keep his commandments. We are also sealed to families for all eternity, a blessing and promise that brings me great peace to know that I will be with my family and my wonderful husband forever, even after this life. This knowledge has also been a great comfort this week after attending the funeral of my step-grandmother who raised my Dad after his mother died at a young age. How wonderful to know that we will see our families again. Seeing the beauty of the temple caused me to reflect on the beauty that the Lord has created and the beauty that we see in our lives as we follow His son, Jesus Christ. It makes me want to be a better person so that I can know that one day I will be able to experience the celestial beauty that only God can give.
Last Minute Holiday Bunting Tutorial
1 day ago
2 comments:
The store looks great. I'll bring James in some time after he gets home. I like (what looks like) the curtain to the back. It works wells. Did you switch out the lights? I couldn't tell if that was just the pictures. But the lighting looks great. The boxes on the walls look good too, and I like the mirrors. Okay I like pretty much everything, especially the amazing painting job. You guys really did a great job. OH, and I love my ring. Thanks for asking us to help with the little bit that we could. Isn't the Draper temple so gorgeous. And I thought it interesting how you spent most of the break working on the store and yet you had so much to say about the two hour temple experience. I am sure grateful for temples too!!
The store looks amazing! I love and miss you!!!!
Post a Comment