I love good photography. And when I say good photography, I mean GOOD photography, the kind that is captured from the camera and not just adjusted in Photoshop. There are so many people out there who just shoot, hoping the image will turn out and then add a Photoshop effect. I don't want to be like that.
Before I got married, I knew that the photography was one of the most important part of my wedding and found one that I thought would be great- I picked them because they also offered a joint package with videography. When I got to see the final results, I was a bit disappointed because they didn't even pose us right, especially my family shot! This was pretty important, since it was the first time my entire family (8 siblings and parents) had been together in 5 years. And while we are all in the picture, it definitely could have turned out better. I learned even more that all photography/photographers are not created equal.
While my photography is no where close to the amazing kind of photography, I am practicing and coming to love it more and learn more.I am starting to take my camera with me more often because so many of the memorable moments in life come when we haven't planned ahead.
With so many ways to capture life out there photography has become even more important to me because life is constantly speeding by. I took a photography class in September because I have a beginning SLR camera and wanted to really learn how to use it. It was a wonderful experience for me because it opened my eyes to so many new options and, although I made a fool of myself in some of the classes, it was great to be learning with other people who want to improve their skills too.
I mentioned on here before about how awesome it is and that I really want to take Brooke's advanced class to get more experience with posing, lighting etc, but right now she is offering a give away on her blog for one spot to a lucky winner!
I would love to have this opportunity. While I have no intention of becoming a professional photographer, I do think that one of the greatest gifts I can give to my future children is capturing their life. Brooke taught me that your image can be great right out of the camera before editing, and I believe it!
oh, and here is my (not so good) picture of my finished camera strap cover. It's kind of hard to take a picture in a mirror of the strap after it is already back on the camera, but it is a pain to put it on and off so I took the lazy way out. and sorry for such a long post!!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment