Thursday, January 27, 2011

Amy Butler blocks

I have been spending a lot of time with my sewing machine the last few days. I cut into and finished my quilt blocks with Amy Butler's Love line and am using this quilt pattern that my sister let me borrow (over a year ago).  It is a very easy pattern for a beginner like me because the pieces and blocks are so big.

But I have a problem. I am worried that all the prints together are too busy, especially without solids to help give it contrast. Can you tell me what you think?
The lighting is horrible and the pictures aren't that great, but you get the idea.
I need help!



I also jumped on the bandwagon and decided to do this quilt along. I am a bit behind, but my strips are coming along.  Pictures to come soon!

3 comments:

Hopeful Homemaker said...

Kristen, I like it! I think it looks awesome, and as for the "busyness" of it, well it's Amy Butler. I love it. Way to go!

And We Sailed On said...

i love these fabrics and i love that its loud. worry no more!!!!

Liz said...

it looks amazing!! i love the fabric!