Saturday, January 7, 2012

unemployed

Well, yesterday was my last day of work. So far I haven't found anything in Logan yet. I am still applying, but it just takes a lot of time.  Unfortunately with my degree in Spanish and my work experience, I don't have a specific career path or anything. I am mostly looking for office manager or project manager type work.
In the meantime I will help Jake in his insurance office. It is so fun to be around my husband so often.  And I want to see his business succeed so it will be good to work there and feel like I am working towards something that will help us, not just some huge company who really doesn't care whether you are there or not.
I am trying so hard to be frugal and to simplify.  I think I need to just never go online and never look at catalogs or stores and I'll be good. Yeah, probably not going to happen. But I am working on it. I just made the mistake of opening my west elm catalog last night to see this:

Maybe if I scrimp and save I can buy it in a few months. Oh and my duvet cover that I have been saving for is on sale too. I just hope I can get it before it's gone, especially because I didn't ever get this rug in time that I dreamed about. 

Does this sound so trivial? I know it is. It's just so much easier to focus on this than the big things.  I'm a professional at pushing things out of my mind and ignoring them. Honestly, I don't even feel like it's something I can control. (I've often wondered if it is a cause of this experience, but I'm not sure).

But, it never hurts to look at beautiful things because they make me happy. :)

2 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

I don't know west elm, which must be a good thing! :) You didn't have to change your background - its fine we me we both have good taste! :) did you apply at the dental office?
xoxo
E

Linds said...

Such a crazy transition-I'm positive that you'll have plenty of creative and wonderful things to occupy your time. Good luck with the job hunt {if that's what you're hoping for} :)

I'm a sucker for mirrors. I could have 10 in each room.