This week is my week of organizing. Remember how I'm working on balance this year, Kristen?
Over the weekend I organized my craft room and today I organized my sewing patterns into it's very own binder.
Not long ago I went to Staples with some of my rewards and a bunch of the Martha Stewart office stuff was on clearance. I wish I would have bought more, but I grabbed the items I could justify at the time- including this cute red binder.
I printed some pages on cardstock as my dividers and used these cute Smash tabs to make my dividers.
The goal for this week was to take a room a day and organize it, but that hasn't happened so far.
Although I did start working on a family "command" area where we can keep the things we need. Currently we have a calendar with the monthly events, as well as baskets for our "dump" area so we can at least keep things contained. (so far only Jake has one and I can't find good baskets for this area anywhere in Logan). The plan is that by at least designating it as your area to empty our pockets or put whatever you need that it will help other areas stay tidy. We will see...
Still to come- a family organization binder and a better picture without the night-time shadows. :)
Since my kitchen cabinets end right to the left of this and I am out of cabinet space, I would really like to find a cool hutch/shelf I can put in this area and use for all of my pretty dishes. But for now, I'm going to utilize it as I can until that happens. And adjust when necessary.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Organization
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment