Thursday, September 4, 2008

things the men in my family don't normally do... :)

So... I'm going through my pictures from the last few weekends and looked at this picture, wondering why I took it. And then I realized, the reason.....so I could put it on my blog!! Actually, in this picture are 3 of my brothers, all of whom have read 3 of the Twilight books (Kevin has read the fourth) arguing about who is better- Edward or Jacob. It was awesome and so much fun to see them all talking about it. Usually my brothers talk about things like sports (Champ Bailey), cars, etc. But this was awesome to watch 3 of the 5 talking about a book they have read- and a book that you wouldn't expect 3 athletic, tough men to read. I loved it. Mom, Leigha, Christa and I were laughing. Mom was the one who originally got us started, while Rich sat there telling the other boys that we brought it up just to catch them. (Not true, it just came up). Nevertheless I thought it was pretty funny and I loved it!! It made me so happy to be able to talk to them about it. (Usually I can't participate in the sports discussions).


The day before Brent's wedding was also fun because Ashleigh, Jake and I got pedicures. Yes, Jake too. (see pictures below for proof.) It was really fun and fun to see Jake there, I think he was a little embarrassed and worried, but in the end he loved it and said we are doing it every month. It was fun- the lady was teasing him about getting his toes painted green or blue - "those are boy colors". Ashleigh has been our savior now many times. She is such a good friend and was so kind to be the babysitter -along with Kelly- of 11 children so everyone could go into the sealing. We love you Ash! And even though Jake may have had mixed feelings about the pedicure, his toenails are no longer black and he now knows how good it feels. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...i didn't think any men had read that book. Tell your husband he is awesome for getting a pedicure with you. Richard has a hard enough time going to the craft store with me. :)