Obama got elected the next president yesterday- wow. He tricked that many people into voting for him- wow. Michelle Obama will be the first lady- wow- please kill me now- she is psycho. Biden-Joe Biden- who never opens his mouth without saying something dumb or making up a lie- is our next vice president- wow.
Are people really that full of empty promises of "hope" and "change"? What "hope" is he promising? Hope of the government running your life? What "change"? Changing the tax rates so you pay 50% to the government so that those who live off welfare and don't pay taxes can get freebies? We will definitely have change in our electricity prices- Obama told us they will skyrocket. I don't want that change. We will have change in our supreme court justices- more justices who think they can tear down the law and twist it how they want it- no thank you. We will just sit down with terrorists and Obama will say without power or authority, "can't we just all be friends?" No thank you. I want to know that my country will be safe and defended. I love America, I believe God led the founding fathers. I do not believe that America is a "downright mean country" like Michelle Obama or that it needs to be like Europe as Barrack does.
The only bright light of hope that we have is that as of now Prop 8 is passing. We will see. Way to stand up for true and correct principles Californians, even with Steve Young on the other side. (I won't even get into the whole Steve Young issue).
Basically, I have been feeling the urgency more and more lately to prepare ourselves because these are the last days. We are being asked who's on the Lord's side, who? No matter what the media says, or the world says, I will follow God and His living prophet today. I will follow the example of my Savior, Jesus Christ.
These scriptures from the Book of Mormon kind of sum up my thoughts:
Mosiah 29: 26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.
Last Minute Holiday Bunting Tutorial
1 day ago
2 comments:
My dad called me last night and told me that if Prop 8 passes that all the churches in california we're on alert. They are instructed to look for anyone who may want to cause trouble during their sunday service. I think people are crazy! Thanks for being my twin and putting into words the feelings that I have! Let's see what Osama, oh I mean Obama, can do...God help us all and PLEASE BLESS AMERICA! love you!!!
I agree, it is crazy that Obama actually got elected. It will be an interesting four years, thats' for sure. But, at least we can take comfort in the Lord's injunction to "be not afraid, only believe" (Mark 5:36)." The world may be a mess, but as you said, if we choose the Lord's side, we will be okay.
Post a Comment