Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas is here!

(I had this all written last week but was just too busy with school, work, and a fun weekend to add pics and post. But anyway, life is good. As of this moment in time, I am done with 3 classes and only have 1 more to go for the semester- yay!! Jake is done with 2 and 2 to go.)


Thanksgiving was a wonderful break for us. We went down to Salt Lake to be with family and enjoyed our time with them. We also enjoyed sleeping in and I loved going shopping. We were brave and decided to do the day after Thanksgiving thing, but we only went to 3 stores so it wasn't bad. We spent Thanksgiving with the Perschons and had a great time.


For Christmas this year, Jake and I decided to get a nice camera. We both want to learn how to take better pictures and figured this was the next step. It was a big investment for us, but we found the best deal at all the stores and took a few pics over the weekend.
Jen, Leigha, Christa and I also decided to try to make the cute cupcakes from the bakerella blog (http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/04/make-your-cupcakes-pop.html). It didn't turn out as good as hers, but it was fun and worth the experience. I think now we know how to make it better for next time. If any of you haven't checked out that blog, it is darling and I love looking at it- and I don't even know how to bake! The other bonus about our fun project- I got to see some of my niece and nephews- they are so cute!




Of course we had to see some friends and see Twilight. Very disappointing for me- I think I'll just stick to the books- but it was fun to go with everyone and laugh at the dumb lines together.


We also bought and set up our Christmas tree. It was so fun- this is our first Christmas!! And it was so nice to wrap the presents and put them under the tree- I have so many fun memories of wrapping presents and putting up our tree that I really enjoyed it. Our tree is huge- a little too big for our small apartment, but it is pretty. I am so excited for Christmas- it is so fun.

(Pine needles everywhere) (Jake and the creation of the star) (wearing the too-small tree skirt)

4 comments:

Deidra said...

My little sister and I used to wear our tree skirt as a skirt (and do some flamenco dancing!) Oh, to have it fit around my waist!

We've missed you guys at church the last couple of weeks!

Hannah said...

beautiful tree!

Sarah said...

That tree would fill the entire of any of our rooms. Looks like fun! Hey we've finally got a blog. It was a good excuse to not study for finals.

Unknown said...

woah...that is a huge tree. :) how fun though. we're grinches and just use a fake tree now.