
One of my favorite Michael Buble songs is called Home.
"May be surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home"
I cannot wait to go home for Christmas. And when I say I cannot wait, I mean it. I don't ever remember being this excited for Christmas in a long time. You know that feeling you get when you are home, and everything is comfortable and you know everyone and you just feel safe and warm? I've been wanting that for a long time. Although I am trying, I just don't seem to have that feeling here in Logan yet.
I have tried to meet new friends in school and at church, I go to a lot of church activities and it just doesn't seem to click. Maybe my expectations are too high, but it is hard. Part of it is being a newlywed of 7 months, I guess I haven't learned how to make friends being married.
And maybe it's because they don't need friends as bad as I do- they have better things to worry about and lived here before they were married so already have friends. In addition, it is so hard to feel like in order to meet friends you have to be in the Relief Society presidency or know how to cook well and sew, or have a bunch of degrees in something useful. Well... I have none of that.
But, it is so nice to be able to get away for a week and go home to Colorado where I don't even have to think about that. HOME. Where everything feels just like it should. I can't wait. It won't even matter to get the normal teasing from my 5 brothers, because we will be together. Everything in me is counting down the days and hours until I get there. And what will I do when I am there? Just sit with family and enjoy our normal Christmas traditions. But it doesn't matter because I will be home.
Just imagine what it will feel like one day, if we do it all right, to return to our Heavenly home. I can't wait.
Last Minute Holiday Bunting Tutorial
1 day ago
4 comments:
Yea for Christmas, and yea for home. I am glad that you guys get to go. That will be a lot of fun and you surely deserve it. It seems I feel the same way about the friend thing. Maybe we should get together. Have a good time.
mmmmm, you and i have the same heart about HOME and about our current residence. not gonna lie - landon and i have not made but one other "couples friends?" since we've been married (4 years), and we have lived here for 18 months now and still are friend-less. and i feel the same about home. i would describe it the same way! "feeling safe and warm". i also just feel like i FINALLY get to rest. i mean, even when you have a few days off of work (which never happen!) you're then catching up on dishes, laundry, groceries, and worrying about the budget, etc.... at HOME, i can just forget everything and let someone else take care of me for a change. i'm really looking forward to that.
I hope you have fun with your family in Colorado! Maybe i'll get a chance to see you while you are there!
I think it does come with time. I didn't have any friends after getting married (besides my sister and bro-in-law) for at least a year and a half.
I found the best way to make friends is to invite people over. I remember when Chris and I were actually extended an invitation instead of having to invite people for the first time. It was so exciting! Good luck-- it will come, I promise!
Making friends as newlyweds IS REALLY Hard. You should check out this blog http://chocolateafterdark.blogspot.com/
I started this society called the Chocolate After Dark Society with some other women and it has been amazing. It has really helped us to become friends and has been wonderful. Maybe you could do something like that with some women you know. I've learned that often times I think some woman is snobbish when I come to find she is actually just shy. Anyway, good luck and pray for inspiration and you'll get it. Friends are really nice even after you are married. :)
Post a Comment