Friday, April 16, 2010

ode to Ann

my blog is boring.  I'm not super committed to it because I never know what to write. I blame it on the fact that I studied Spanish so I can't write well in English anymore, but I don't think I write well in Spanish either, so that's a lame excuse. It's sad actually, I often don't want to blog because I get overwhelmed by reading so many other blogs out there and allow myself to think I am not doing enough. I mean, take, for example a blog like Pioneer Woman's.  Not only can she cook, she is a homeschooling mother, who is successful and has managed to stay cute and skinny all at the same time!
I, on the other hand, can't even write a coherent blog post, have a messy two bedroom apartment, have not managed to stay cute and skinny and can't cook to save my life!! (I know we shouldn't compare ourselves with others, and I try to work on this challenge I have every day, but I'm sharing my true feelings here).
This post is not intended to be a "poor me" complaint, it's just a fact of how I often feel about blogging and why I sometimes decide there is nothing to post.

But recently I have seen a few blogs that post a virtual wardrobe, a compilation of pictures online of the fashion they love. So today, that is what I am doing. I must preface my virtual outfits with the following:

In the last 2 years, my body has changed.  I have discovered that my body has curves, a lot of them. I now gain weight in areas that I never had to worry about before. (And I don't even feel bad that I just discovered it because many clothing stores out there still do not know that women have curves. )
With this new discovery, many of the clothing stores that I used to shop at have now been eliminated. Example: Forever 21. I now know why they named the store that. Because their clothes are made for people with bodies who remain forever as they were at age 21. Mine has not. 
Anyway... One of my new favorite stores is Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor LOFT. Why? because they make clothing for women. They carry petite sizes, don't stop at size 6, and their style is grown up too. I love it. Want to hear the good and bad news about that? The good news is that the closest Ann Taylor to Logan is 2 hours away. The bad news is that a. I know how to shop online and b. the location of the closest Ann Taylor and LOFT is the same shopping center and very close by the Apple store- my husband's biggest weakness and the place we have to go if we are having any problems with our iphone. 


Back to my virtual clothing... Here are some cute pieces that I would love to own (let's just pretend we are as tall and skinny as the models so everything would fit us perfectly)

this white blouse. I am of the opinion that a girl can never have enough cute white blouses
this lace skirt... darling
Ah...Jake! I found my navy heels I have been wanting!! I have been searching everywhere for some navy round toe heels. I want patent leather, but these are the closest I have found. Now if I only had $155. 
LOVE this jacket. 
photos from anntaylor.com
on to some more casual stuff:
this cute shirt and shorts. 
and oh, how I want long legs to be able to wear and look cute in these pants. I love them!
photos from anntaylorloft.com
Have a great weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

cute clothes - you've ALWAYS been a fashion icon in my life (like ever since i stopped wearing umbros and sambas to school). i like your blog, nerd. we all read it because we love YOU and your thoughts and your life - not because we need tips on how to feed Marlboro Man. i know you know this, i just thought I would remind you ;)

but i sympathize. i have no idea how the pioneer woman does it. i think she must have a twin. or maybe a nanny. or super powers.

And We Sailed On said...

I agree, such cute clothes. That white blouse.. oh wow. You ARE CUTE! ANd I love it when you blog and I love you!

Hopeful Homemaker said...

That is the classiest virtual wardrobe I've seen yet. I LOVE that white blouse and the jacket is fabulous. Great job! By the way, I read your blog more than I read PW's. You're doing great!