Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I have become.

I have become a collector of fabric. I usually have a plan on how to use it when I buy it. Usually.  However,  I don't always use the fabric and follow through with that plan. When I have a project I want to make it usually takes me about 3 months to actually finish it, if I finish it. Or if I even start it.
For some reason since I was able to somewhat successfully make a rag quilt at Christmas-time and also sew together a quilt that was already pieced in May I think that I am now a quilter and can actually make more quilts. Ha! I guess I get a point for being optimistic there.
Needless to say, that optimism has definitely spurred me to open up my wallet and buy some cute fabric. Sometimes it is just too cute to resist! (Maybe next time I am tempted I need to remind myself that I can't even sew a straight line or a 1/4" inch seam.) I now have fabric for 2 more quilts and also a cute roll-up that was waiting in my mailbox today so one day I can hopefully attempt to make this quilt.
This fabric is so cute!! even cuter than the online picture when I ordered it. 




2 comments:

Leigh Harris said...

That fabric is utterly lovely!

And We Sailed On said...

I LOVE IT. And honey you are rocking the quilts! Keep it up, you will do awesome. I know what you mean, it is so pretty its easy to buy it up!
ps. those photos of emma on the stairs I took in UT at aspen grove.
xo
E