Friday, June 11, 2010

two exciting events

today I am announcing two exciting events in the life of Kristen:

1. The world cup starts today!! So fun to watch.

2. I got my Martinique quilt back from the quilter yesterday and she did a wonderful job. It has pretty flowers and vines in the stitching. Now I just get to figure out how to do the binding. It will be a lot bigger project compared to this small project where I learned how to do quilt binding. I just hope I can cut and sew the fabric and everything ok to get it ready for the stitching part.
Here are some pics. The pretty brown paisley is my fabric on the back of the quilt.

5 comments:

Liz said...

i LOVE it!! you are inspiring me to make another quilt. if you need any help with the binding i'm always here... even though "here" is sort of far away. ;) but seriously i love binding and it's really easy. it's my favorite part which is kind of weird.

Sarah said...

It looks so good! I can't even begin to understand how you do all that. I love it!

Mom said...

Your quilt looks beautiful! I love the way it turned out.

And We Sailed On said...

Wow Kris you have been busy! I love the quilt, way to go! I have yet to finish my first one. I am so proud of you!!!!
xo
emily

Hannah said...

WOW Kris, this is so beautiful! I am very impressed! and I def. want to get together to finish our tiny little project, but things are crazy. we are moving in 2 weeks!!! yikes.