Monday, October 3, 2011

job hunt

well it is now official news. I am on the job hunt. My job with Logoworks is coming to an end. There are some good things and bad things about working for a big company like HP. The bad part is that a few people up top who really don't care about anyone else can make big decisions. Like shutting down a company that is profitable and that was the first of it's kind.  Anywho... if you know of a great job out there for someone like me, please pass it on. I will be with the company until the end- which is expected to be the rest of the year. (Unless I find something amazing before then- which is not likely to happen in Logan).
I wished for the day when I could be done with my job and be a stay-at-home mom. But since I don't get to have that chance, I wanted to be able to work part time. But, since we just bought a house in July and used all of our savings and have more work to do, I will be looking for a full time job. Or maybe 2 part time jobs. I don't know. But I will definitely be missing my health insurance.
I wish I could go back to school and get a real career too. But the thing is: school costs money.

And we won't even get into how hard it is to hear that everyone is having babies and I'm not. Yes, I do believe that God will one day provide those blessings if not now. (like we heard in General Conference this weekend). But, I am having a hard time waiting.

So, this girl who graduated in Spanish (because I could never decide on anything else) needs a career path and needs it soon. Job hunting just plain stinks.

3 comments:

Shalee said...

((hugs)) I know about the latter struggle. It stinks. Hang in there!

Deidra said...

I'm sorry. Both predicaments stink, and we've had a little of both of them in our life, too. I know that the Lord takes care of us, and sometimes that's all that gets me through certain situations. xo

Unknown said...

Any luck with the Job? we're still praying for you! I know what you mean sometimes, I read your post I thought I feel a lot of the same feelings... I'm here for you if you need to talk! I love you!