Wednesday, May 6, 2009

daffodil yard

Yes, I am painfully aware of my often lengthy time periods between posts. One of the things that has made me so happy lately are the beautiful tulips and daffodils that seem to somehow survive the long winter that never truly seems to go away. A week or so ago we found this daffodil yard close by and ever since then I try to make that street part of my route so I can drive by it. There is no grass in the front yard- it is all daffodils mixed in with a few tulips. The picture from my cell phone does not do it justice, but it makes me happy. :)

One day, when I grow up and have a house of my own, it will be so fun to see the tulips and daffodils and columbines come back every year. But for now, I'll just have to find joy in the flowers that others have in their yards.

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Such a fun picture. I love how cheerful daffodils are. They remind of Wordsworth's poem, The Daffodils.