I am so excited at how this room is turning out!! It is one of those rare times where it actually looks good like it did in my head. I don't know if you have ever had something planned out perfectly in your head and then it just doesn't look good when it actually happens.
Since we have way more room then we need in this house without kids and I work from home, we are using the first bedroom off the kitchen as an office.
Here are the before pictures.
| This is before we moved in, obviously horrible lighting, but you can see the color that all the ceilings were- even darker than the walls. The walls were a yellowish tan color. |
My idea for this room was a board and batten type idea. I originally thought of using bead board, and also love wainscoting, but the wainscoting is a bit out of my price range right now and I wanted it to be even simpler than bead board. I wanted a charcoal gray for the room, but did not want the room to be too dark. As it is, the white on the bottom half gives it a great contrast and allows enough light into the room.
We first placed the top board all around and then the base boards.
Next came the vertical boards, which we placed 2 feet apart. I love how it turned out.
The color on the walls is High Speed Steel.
Last night we started on the laminate flooring (I wish I had money for real hardwood) and it is looking so good. I am happy with how it is turning out and can't wait to see the finished room!!

8 comments:
It looks amazing! I love board and batten. I can't wait to see the rest of your house! More pictures please. :)
Awesome job! It looks great.
LOVE IT! It looks really good- you have a great eye for it and you guys are hard workers to get it all done! :)
that looks so amazingly awesome!! you are my hero. :)
That's adorable. I could never come up with something that cute.
Sweet. The flooring looks great
I am in LOVE!!! Seriously. It looks fabulous! Can't wait to see the rest of your house :)
I can't wait to see how it looks either!!! You guys are doing awesome!! Congrats on your new home!
Post a Comment