I thought it would be fun to post what my house looks like right now for Christmas. (Mostly for my mom and sisters who can't see it in person). I am having fun decorating it, and learning a lot in the process. Some of the rooms I absolutely love and some I don't, but I've kept anyway because I don't have anything different to replace them with.
the living room is my favorite:
I love our tree. It is always and will always be real for the Perschons. A few years ago I did an all silver tree and loved it. This year it's silver with some red. Instead of my disco ball on top, we did the star. That was probably the hardest decision on the tree this year- not hanging up the disco ball. (But at least I still have my small disco ball ornaments).
This room also has my nativity. My kind mother-in-law has purchased each part of the set and given them to me for Christmas each year. I now have the complete set and have it before Christmas so I can set it out.
I added some boughs from the tree and a string of white lights on top of the piano.
And this cute tree that I found a few years ago is next to the nativity also.
my table has a bowl of ornaments with a runner underneath. (Jen I totally used the same bowl as you, sorry but it was just so cute) and the window over the couch is the home for our stockings (no fireplace mantle for us). The couch is home to my Christmas quilt- the first quilt I ever made (with the help of my sister.)
Downstairs in my family room I used more pine boughs on the back ledge and added a string of white lights along with the silver wire light covers. I hung this beautiful Merry Christmas wall hanging my sister made for me for my graduation a few years ago and added some candlesticks and ribbon with the lights.






3 comments:
it looks awesome!
I love everything!! And I have that same Nativity set too :) Your house is beautiful!!
Thanks for posting the pictures. You are right, I love seeing what you have done. It looks wonderful!
Post a Comment