Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Colorado, although I can't believe that I didn't take many pictures!

Only two pictures from Thanksgiving day and they were taken by my niece (thankfully):


Each year we make a gumdrop turkey and put it by our plate. The kids do it for us and I think this year's were the cutest we have ever had. They are so creative!

The day after Thanksgiving (after getting some late night shopping in from 9pm-midnight Thanksgiving), we drove to cut our Christmas tree. This is an event that the Sheffield's do every year and I love it. I wish there was a place close by Logan where Jake and I could go to start our own tradition.

I still can't believe that after being able to hold my sweet new niece and cuddle with her I still didn't get any pictures- I'm not sure what I was thinking on that one. Oh, and we also got our fill of qdoba (Jake's favorite) and went on our (annual) trip to Target with my sister and brother-in-law. Fun memories. This year we added a visit to the Cheesecake factory for some peppermint bark cheesecake (which may be something we need to carry on).
As usual, we came back with our hearts (and car) filled with memories, love and generosity.

2 comments:

Natalie Curtis said...

So fun!! I love this time of year and all the family traditions :) Do you use Photoshop to make your cute photo collages?

And We Sailed On said...

I'm ready for you guys to come back. It was so fun!