I've been absent from this blog for a while. Life tends to get busy and you end up spending a lot of time on things that need to happen but that aren't necessarily what you would want to be doing.
Jake and I have been married for 4 years now. I love him. My love and appreciation for the man he is grows more each day. We have had so many wonderful times together and many challenges too. It has been so fun this past year to purchase a home and spend so much of our time working on it. It is wonderful to plan projects together and to get his help.
It has been fun to work with Jake. Up until this point in our marriage we have seen each other a lot. We both had jobs working from home and I've also been helping Jake in his insurance office. This is the first time in our marriage where I go to work at my office, he goes to work at his and we don't see each other until the end of the day. I recognize how unique it has been to see him that much and I am grateful for the opportunities we had that allowed that.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
silent
Part of the reason for my silence has been a new job, a busy summer and lack of interesting news to post.
But part of it has been so much more.
I turned 29 in May and in a way it has been a season of mourning. I really am not trying to sound like an overly dramatic person here- I understand that we have been blessed in so many ways and I am so grateful for the life I have. But, at the same time I expected more for my age. I expected to have a child or two, to have finished a graduate degree and to have travelled to Europe or at least lived somewhere new. If those wishes sound too grand, I also hoped I would be able to better manage my life. To be able to go to work and make dinner in the evening and still clean the house and do the basics. But, in full honesty- I still hate making dinner at the end of my day.
I'm still not sure what I want to pursue for my education and, to be honest, what scares me more than anything is taking the GRE or GMAT.
We are here in Logan, UT because it's what we can afford. And although I would have welcomed the adventure of my husband graduating and getting a job somewhere new, he is here building his own business. It's what he wants to do and I'm supporting him, so no amazing traveling adventures are in the near future for us.
We've been trying to have a baby for almost 3 years now. It's a deep desire of ours and we know it is a righteous desire. I am fully aware that many have experienced the same thing and have waited much longer than 3 years. But it's hard either way. We have now been through 2 rounds of IVF (in vitro fertilization) with no luck and no frozen embryos to keep trying. With a loan for that and the fact that we bought a house and lost a job in the last year (and my husband has started his own business), we don't have the money to continue. A lot of thought and prayers regarding our next step are happening at the Perschon home. International adoption is something I want so bad, but not something that we have the money for now. So we wait.
And I want to spend this waiting time taking advantage of so many things like going back to school and traveling, but the problem is that those all involve the funds to do so, which take away from the funds of paying off bills and adopting. It is so hard.
To be honest, it is sometimes so hard to see so many around me having their 3rd and 4th child or being 6 or 7 years younger than me and pregnant. And while I still feel a twinge of jealousy when I hear the news, I truly am excited for them because I know they will be excellent mothers. And I am trying so hard to trust in God and to have faith in His time-table.
That is the hardest part- I know I'm no where near ready. I don't have the skill set to be the greatest Mom in the world yet or to do everything that a mother needs to do. I know I need to reach out to others around me more and focus on them instead of myself. I know I need to exercise more and eat healthier. I know I need to learn more and do more and try new things. But it's so overwhelming to think about all the many areas in which I need to improve and hope that maybe when I master them this prayer will be answered for us. Some days I'm up to the challenge and ready to go to work and some days I'm too tired and discouraged to do it. And most days I know the reality of being human- I may never master them.
But that's real life. And it's hard for all of us, in so many different ways. So we keep on going through the discouragement and tears. And though we are sometimes silent, we still have plenty of smiles and laughter mixed in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
As your daughter, I can tell you that you have EVERYTHING it takes to be a fantastic mom. I don't know why life has dealt you the cards you have, but if there's anyone that can persevere and overcome challenges, it is you.
love you!
I love you!
Sending lots of love and warm fuzzies your way. I think you'll make a fantastic mother, whenever that time comes.
I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles with fertility. Its not fun at all, but I know that'll will get your baby someday, somehow. I hope you will find the resources to start your next adventure!
Oh my friend! I know you don't know me very well but my heart is breaking for you. Infertility sucks rocks in a major way that makes it so hard for others to identify with. And for the record NO ONE has what it takes to be a perfect mom but somehow they manage to do the job. There is nothing lacking for you that has caused this. Nothing. From what I have seen and read you are absolutely amazing. AMAZING! I don't know why you have to go through this, I don't know why anyone has to, but there it is nonetheless. So let yourself cry and mourn and have the biggest pity party of your life because you deserve to! IVF is so dang hard to go through! and twice is almost cruel. But I do know that the Lord has an amazing way of compensating for things. There's some blessing he's sending down or will send down to help you through. You are in my prayers.
Kris I love you so much. My heart aches for the challenges that you and Jake face. You are a truly wonderful person and I admire the way you continue to move forward, take risks, and trust in the Lord. I'm so glad you are my sister. I love how you wrote this post, it is so heartfelt. xoxo
E
We love you Kristen! You are truly amazing. I can't tell you how much I admire you and Jake and everything you do. We are always praying for you!
Kris I've been thinking of you and Jake a lot lately - we miss you guys tons and admire you so much for all that you are accomplishing! Somedays I wish we could trade places! I hope knowing how much you guys are loved can help ease your burdens!!
Thanks for sharing. I so know how you feel and I am so sorry. I do know many poeple that have experienced what we have and they all have a unique and spiritual story of how they became mommies and daddies one way or another. Keep your chin up.... and it's so normal and ok to have lots of emotions, they make us stronger in the long run. Sending lots of love and well wishes your way and if you ever wanna talk, I am here to listen :)
Love you Kris
I love you too! Somehow things will work out, and someday things will make sense. We pray for your every single day and hope that soon your dreams will come true. You have EVERYTHING it takes to be a great mother. Until then, keep rowing! xo
I'm so sorry for the pain that I know comes with infertility! I think it affects way more people than is commonly thought, because it's not always talked about openly. Thank you for having the courage to talk about it! I hope you guys will find your new adventures, including parenthood, in whatever way it comes to you! Lots of love!
Kristen- you are an amazing person! And you definitely have all of the skills to make the most wonderful mother! Hope things start looking better real soon!
Post a Comment