I will apologize to anyone in advance who doesn't want to hear about this stuff. And I will also warn you that as a somewhat therapeutic thing for me in the next few days, I may be posting more about it.
I cannot believe that 10 years have now passed since April 20, 1999 when my life was changed forever. This 10 year anniversary has truly brought back so many emotions of that day. And yet, it has also pushed me to realize the peace and strength I have received from my Savior since that time.
I recently watched this interview and read this article that truly touched me. If any of you have not heard of his story in the past, it really is neat:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=4069745
While the last week of classes and then finals week are still ahead for me, I truly felt the need to come to Colorado and be here for this anniversary. Especially in this past year when the sense of "home" has changed so dramatically for me. Tomorrow night marks the candelight vigil, followed by a breakfast at the school for past graduates Monday morning and a memorial Monday night. I will be there and I am sure go through the flood of different emotions. But above it all, I know that God allows bad things to happen to good people because a)He will not take away the agency of another and b) the purpose of this life is to learn and to grow and c) God is our loving Heavenly Father and wants to prepare us to live in His presence someday.
How grateful I am to know this. And admist the pain and the hurt, there is healing through His son, Jesus Christ.
Last Minute Holiday Bunting Tutorial
1 day ago
1 comments:
i'm grateful that you are processing and remembering the tragedy and whatever else has flowed from it in your life - i really need to do that... keep writing my friend! and i'll really miss seeing you and others in Littleton this weekend - i was so hoping to get a ticket out there but i couldn't afford it. you'll have to write about it!
Post a Comment