Tuesday, April 14, 2009

small celebrations

So last night while lying in bed unable to fall asleep (yes this has become a usual thing), I wrote this blog in my head. Yesterday was a good day. I realized that although my life may not be perfect right now, I need to take baby steps and celebrate the small things. Such as:
-exercise. I have not been too kind on my body lately and it is in major need of exercise. Yesterday I went on a run and it is the first step.
-every week that passes is one week closer to the beach. (Our new family tradition since our honeymoon is to go stay at my Grandpa's beach house every summer in Newport Beach, CA.)
-In 2.5 weeks I can finally breathe and be done with this semester of school. While I am taking a class in spring (May - June 5th), the whole 16 credits and working 40 hours a week has taken it's toll. And my favorite thing about the summer? I CAN READ ALL I WANT- I don't have to just read books that my professors assign!!!
-both of our vehicles which we both love dearly have 102,000 miles on it... nothing exciting, but kind of fun
-our plan to pay off our car in a year will be coming true soon. We were going to pay it off this month but realized we should wait a full year to have it on our credit report- funny how paying it off in less than a year won't show up when that is actually really good. So August, here we come.
-Easter was wonderful and we have hard boiled eggs for one of my favorite lunches: egg salad sandwiches. (Jake reminded me that I can make them at other times of the year but it is just part of the tradition).
-Jake and I have been married just one month shy of a year. I love him so much and am so glad we have come to know each other better. Starting a business together has been such an adventure. If we can make it through this we can make it through anything! (I Hope) :)
-warm weather is coming!! (I am trying to be positive and ignore the snow that is supposed to be coming).
Small celebrations are small, but fun to think about.

2 comments:

The Bostons said...

That is a lot to celebrate! Congrats on all of the great things... YOU ARE AMAZING- going to school full time, working/starting a business, etc. Warm weather has to be coming soon! There is no other option!

Sarah said...

Yea for hard boiled eggs! I don't know why we don't eat them more throughout the year. COngrats for paying off your car. That's great and definately a good feeling. I too can't wait for warm weather and running/walking/hiking/biking/etc in it. Almost a year, whoa!