Saturday, September 19, 2009

her joy

my blog from yesterday perfectly fits the description of my mother- her greatest joy (and I'm sure greatest worry) is her children. For my parents, their family is everything. Yesterday was my mother's birthday and I spent it thinking of how wonderful she is. She is one of my very best friends and I love her so much. She and my Dad have given up so many adventures in their lives for their 8 children. Without us, they would be millionaires, probably retired and traveling the world now. But I know that they wouldn't change it for the world. I know this because they constantly remind us how much they love us.
One of my father's favorite verses is 3 John 1:4: "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

So- Happy birthday yesterday Mom, and thank you for sharing your joy with us. Because of your example I know where to find my greatest joy. I love you.