Through prayers answered and other revelation from God, I know that my greatest joy in this life will be through my role as a wife and a mother. I know this because I believe that families are central to God's plan for the eternal happiness of His children.
I believe that all of our societal problems can be solved by teaching good principles in the home.
I am so thankful for my home that my parents created for me as a child. An atmosphere full of love, with the proper perspectives. My parents always showed us through their example that we were their number one priority- not their career, not sports, not whatever wonderful extra activities we were involved in. I learned that- in spite of what the world is telling us, there are some things that are black and white- right and wrong- and that we will feel peace when we do what is right.
They also taught us to live according to the teachings of Jesus Christ. While none of us are perfect, it is only through Him that we can be saved. And thankful to his death and Atonement for us, we can repent of our sins- otherwise we would be lost- just as Adam and Eve would have been lost forever. I am so thankful that our loving Heavenly Father created a plan for us to have a Savior. I am not perfect, but each day I try to be more Christlike and I know that I am blessed as I do so.
Through the past year and a half of my life, I have grown so much through marriage. While some times have been hard, it has always been easier for me when we focus on Christ - as a result our family is strengthened. Each day the news brings another horrible story of something that has occurred, and those crimes against children are hardest for me. It pains me to see so many people not care for children the way they should- I believe they will be held accountable for their choices one day- as Jesus Christ taught us in the bible.
And I also believe that my greatest joy will be through being a wife and a mother. I know that both are hard, but I believe the family is so important, that it should be our number one priority. How I long for the day to hold a child in my arms and feel of his/her sweetness, to watch them as they learn and grow, and as they gain their own testimony of Jesus Christ.
I am so grateful for this knowledge- and to know that families truly can be together forever. I am thankful for the power of the priesthood that can bind us together and do (as Christ said when he gave this power to Peter in the New Testament ) bind us together on earth and in the eternities. (Matthew 16:18-19.)
So if I ever feel discouraged, I know that I can turn to my God and receive strength and encouragement. I know that through living the principles of Christ and strengthening my family- I will find the greatest joy.
What brings you the greatest joy in your life?
Last Minute Holiday Bunting Tutorial
1 day ago
1 comments:
Don't know what else to say except, amen.
Post a Comment