Friday, February 18, 2011

5 reasons why I hate making dinner

1. It takes an hour longer then I plan on it taking.
2. no matter how many times I go to the grocery store, I'm always missing something.
3. by the time I'm done I'm not hungry
4. 9/10 times my husband only eats a little and then a few hours later tells me his stomach hurts.
5. cooking for two just stinks. recipes never work.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I agree. Recipes for 2 don't work very well. But 4 works great usually, so I make 4, then we have the leftovers for lunch the next day, which makes one less meal I have to make. Then dinner isn't quite as much of a hassle.

Kimberly said...

I'm sorry-- I wish you were still in Provo, so we could invite you to dinner at the Cannon Center with us (we get 20 meals a week there because of Spencer's job).

Having leftovers is a good idea. I would also recommend making a full batch of your dinner and freezing half. Then some day you can pull out the frozen meal and not have to do any work. Plus, you don't get tired of leftovers that way. Good luck!

Hannah said...

I remember those days not so very long ago. These days I enjoy cooking, I don't like menu planning and grocery shopping still, however.

I don't know what you mean about only cooking for 2 though. We have a friend in town for a few weeks and I'm so concerned that my regular recipes won't feed all three of us! ha!

And I still make those rice and bean wraps EVERY SINGLE week. Seriously, they are our Sunday dinner every week and We eat the leftovers for lunch on Mondays (and tuesdays?). I love it!

Whitney Ormsby said...

i feel the same way!! Another one to add is " I dont eat pass 7pm"

Ashlee and Eric said...

totally agree!!