Tuesday, February 15, 2011

late

the last few weeks have been so crazy. It seems like life just keeps accelerating whether I am ready for it to or not.  Yesterday was crazy.  12 people at my job got laid off and I am so grateful I was not one of them. I feel horrible for those who did because it was totally unexpected and it just stinks.  Why would anyone pick Valentine's day to do it?  

I ran to the store after work to get the things I needed to make dinner and was unable to start it because I found out the massages we had scheduled for 5:30 and 6:30 were both at the same time. So, we ended up going out to eat and spending money we wanted to save because we simply didn't have time to make the dinner.  
But, I have to say that the evening made up for the crazy, awful work day.  Being with Jake and just enjoying him is wonderful. It was so nice to relax during our one hour massage and it is definitely something we need to try to fit into the budget at some point in our lives- a pedicure and message monthly would be amazing!  We rented a movie and stayed up way too late watching it, but had a fun evening.

Jake sent me some beautiful flowers that helped bring some brightness into the crazy work day.


Oh, and I'm posting my 12 of 12 even though its way late and my picture that I took of the temple at 5:30 am somehow got deleted so I used one that I took from the summer.  But I really want to have one for every month this year so I am cheating. :) 
1. driving around town 2. pupusas for dinner 3. a quick run to Jo-ann to finish some pillows. 4.  The Pupuseria  5. pillow 6. Keep Calm and have a cupcake 7. pillow in progress 8. we sold our cases- (that deserves a post of it's own) 9. more pillows 10. stake center- we had a great world-wide training. 11. temple- I love our time there every Saturday from 5:30-11:30 am. 12. My wonderful husband.

1 comments:

Becky said...

I love your blog. Fantastic 12 of 12, you're the one who inspired me to do it this month. Keep up the good work!