Tuesday, August 16, 2011

coupons

Buying a house makes you really, really poor. Especially buying one that needs work.  But, it has also taught me so much and helps me be optimistic for the future.
Lately, I have really been working on so many of my homemaking skills- cooking, making our house a home, etc.   And along with it,  I am trying hard to spend less and save more. It always sounds so simple and yet it isn't.  Part of my attempt to save money has been using coupons.  I promise I'm not turning into one of those crazy coupon ladies, but if I can save money and stock up on things I use, then I think it's great.
The success has been average for me.  I have found that some of the items on coupons are not items I would normally purchase- so why purchase them just because they are a good deal?  Thanks to some helpful advice from a friend, I found that Walgreens here in Logan has some of the best deals- usually on toiletries-  the only problem is that if you aren't there on Sunday or Monday morning, it's gone.
Have any of you ever used coupons?  How has it worked for you?

I will tell you one awesome deal this week that is unrelated to coupons:
Each day (M-F) all Chick-fil-a locations are giving away some free food if you go between 2-5pm. Yesterday we got free dinner and Wednesday it's free nuggets.  And, since we just happen to love Chick-fil-a,  we may be going there everyday this week.

2 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

OH! I have to see if that is in CO too. Love the lake photos!

Amanda said...

Ask your walgreens manager what day they get shipment in. Some times you can get what your looking for that day as well.