Monday, December 6, 2010

Savior of the World

On Friday night, we drove down to Salt Lake City to see Savior of the World with Jake's family.  It is a wonderful performance that touches my heart every time I see it. I am so glad Karma planned ahead and got the tickets- because I totally didn't even think of it this year!!

I love the song that Zacharias sings in the performance.  Elisabeth asks him if he has given up hope. He responds: "Hope, no, but my demands yes." And then he goes on to sing "I'll give God forever..." What faith, to give God forever and to always hope that He will answer our prayers even though they may not be according to our demands.

It also struck me once again what an amazing woman Mary was.  She had such faith in the angel's words.  I doubt she fully understood how everything would work or the gravity of it all, but she trusted in the Lord and replied "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to they word." (Luke 1:38).

I want to have more faith, to trust in my Lord as Zacharias and Mary did.  I am going to move forward, trusting in God's timing and never giving up hope that he will answer my prayers.

2 comments:

Liz said...

thanks for the awesome post! this was just what i needed to hear!

Hopeful Homemaker said...

Well said. I agree with you that Savior of the World seems to illuminate the great hearts of those who played a role in the birth of the Savior. That song always makes me cry. So true, I want to be more like that, also. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. Love you!