Wednesday, February 3, 2010

dead mouse and other things

my magic mouse  batteries are dead today. bummer. Need to go buy some new ones. That was fast, i just got this amazing thing at the end of December.  I guess I use it a lot.
My poor husband is dead tired today too.  (If I see him today at all) Yesterday he went into the office of a company who he does their IT stuff for to replace the server.  He was there for 11 hours! from 2:30pm-1:30am, then back over there around 6:30am until.... we will see.
He is so good at computers and stuff, I feel bad that he is having issues with this task.  But I love him for his hard work and all he does to help support us.
computers hate me. even though my husband is an amazing computer guy, my work programs always have a problem it seems like.  It is such a pain, especially when I work from home-- I am always worried that when my computer has an issue they think I am slacking off. Oh well, I guess I can't do much about it.
i have a love-hate relationship with my job. If any of you don't know what I do, I work for this company. When i moved up to Logan after we got married, they let me keep the job and work from home. I feel so privileged that I am one of the few from the office who get to do this.  Otherwise, I don't know what job I would have in Logan.  Since Logoworks is owned by HP, we get great benefits, I have my 401k and other great deals, like 28% off our cell phone bill every month. Nice. But on days like this, when my phone manager won't work so I can't call customers (unless I want to call and let them see my personal #- which I don't) and I just feel frustrated with the whole system, my job and I don't get along so well. How I wish I could find a better job in Logan, but I do not think so at the moment.  Unless I get a degree in something that is a bit better career wise- having a degree in Spanish doesn't go that far :)
another piece of randomness- I am on the computer for 8+ hours a day.  usually at the end of each work day I have a terrible headache. My doctor recommended me getting +reading glasses to use while I work to help my eyes not get so tired, etc.  And they work! It took me a while to finally give in and get them, but I wear my contacts and then put the reading glasses on when I am on the computer (I can't wear them any other time or it is just a blur)
Anyway... those are my ramblings for the day.  I hope all of you are having a great week.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Maybe we get along so well because we are both computer dumb and our husbands are computer nerds. I'm thankful to say that I have benefited from your new yummy meals. I'm sorry you guys didn't like the curry dish, I thought it was scrumptious.

And We Sailed On said...

how long did your batteries last? I was wodering about that not long ago.
when i saw your post I was at first thinking you found a yucky thing somewhere in your appartment. So glad its this instead! whew!
xo
Emily

Scott said...

Your title to you post is hilarious. I was expecting a crazy story about dead mice. It reminds me of the time you stepped on a mouse in the basement and flipped. Haha.