Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today...

Today, I watched the snow fall all day while working, and was glad to be inside my warm apartment.
Today, I am thinking of the students at Deer Creek middle school back home. All of my older siblings attended Deer Creek before going to high school at Chatfield.  I went to Ken Caryl Middle school before going to Columbine. (the man who shot the students went to Deer Creek with one of my older brothers)
 I am glad that the math teacher was smart and tackled the man to the ground. I am thankful to family members who care so much, who called last night to be sure I heard and to check on me.
Today... I tried a new recipe for dinner.
Today... I was shown once again that God answers prayers.

How was your day today?

3 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

I just heard about that shooting. How sad. I'm so glad neither of the students were critically injured. Hope you had a nice warm day and had some hot cocoa!

Sarah said...

Busy and good. Glad to see you and your husband!

Jennifer Harrison said...

We heard about the shooting a few hours after it happened. So strange to see my old school.... I, too, am thankful that the teacher was so quick to respond, and that the kids will make it.

Today I'm watching the snow fall... and hoping to clean my house!