i feel like i have accomplished nothing in the past 2 weeks and I have finally figured out why- after finishing work and going to the gym, I come home, make dinner (or warm up left overs) and we end up watching the olympics. I snuggle on the couch with my kindle in one hand, a glass of water, and the tv on. In between events, during commercials and when they do the stupid little stories (seriously, I can't believe Mary Carillo even has a job with that) I read my book. Then, when my eyes are too tired and I know I won't be able to wake up on time for work the next morning, I go to bed. (why do they always keep pushing back the event that I want to watch to the very last?) Pretty boring, but at least the olympics are only 2 weeks.
We have enjoyed watching them and find ourselves asking each other- how do they do that? And the most common thought we tell each other is:
"They will need new knees in 5 years" or "my knees hurt just watching them"
After this weekend, I will hopefully be back to accomplishing more in the evenings, maybe I will start working on my list of things I want to make.
Friday, February 26, 2010
olympics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I totally feel the same!!! We are loving the olympics and I stay up way too late watching them. Christa hates Mary Carillo as much as you do it seems. Her stores(stories) are sometimes entertaining if I didn't feel like a manly woman was telling them. Usually I eat during that time though.
Post a Comment