Yay for getting Monday off work!! But, more importantly, yay for our amazing presidents who make it so we get monday off. Today is Lincoln's birthday and the 22 is George Washington's Birthday.
I love Lincoln. Jake and I recently purchased and framed this painting. It is actually done by our bishop at church, he is an amazing painter. It is an image of Lincoln praying in Gettysburg. Some question whether he really did kneel to pray, but to me it makes no difference because I know from studying about his life that he was an amazing person who was led by God to help lead our nation at that time.
"Let us have faith that right makes might; and in that faith let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."
"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am bound to live up to the light I have. I must stand with anybody who stands right, stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong."
"Laughter is the joyous universal evergreen of life!"
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be"
Thank you, Abe.
Friday, February 12, 2010
president's day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great post, Kris. I couldn't agree with you more.
love those quotes. I have a few up in my creative space.
Post a Comment