After spending Friday night down in Utah county with family and Saturday morning at my niece's baptism, we rushed back up to Logan so I could make it to my circle quilt class. Using this die cut machine with our fabric, we cut out all the circles then stacked them and put them on our quilt. The great part about this quilt is that it requires very little sewing. You just glue the circles on and when you take it to the quilter, the quilter sews them on. Once you wash the quilt, the circles have the look of a rag quilt.
While I absolutely love the fabric I used for this quilt, I think it wasn't the best choice for this type of quilt. If I had to do it over again, I would probably use solids or a different line of fabrics that had more colors in it.
But, here is the quilt so far before gluing the flowers on. What do you think? Is it just too hard on the eyes? I feel like I have started at it for so long that it is so busy it makes you dizzy.
Monday, November 8, 2010
circle quilt class
If any of you ever wanted to do this, I would love to have a class at my house. The lady will teach it if we have at least 4 people and (I believe) you would just need to bring your fabric.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i like it! and i think the edges for the 3 fabrics would be more evident once it's washed. don't hate me for thinking this, but i think it would be a really awesome nursery quilt for a little boy. I think that the colors are prefect. But i think i just have babies on the brain lately ;)
oh my gosh that is so cute! I have got to take that quilting class!
I vote that it is the most adorable quilt I have ever seen.
That is super fun! I'm a fan of those colors/patterns. You're amazing!
I think you chose well. You'll like it much more when it gets back from the quilter. SO cute!
Post a Comment