Wednesday, November 24, 2010

what are you thankful for?

I am so thankful for so many things this year. I've posted recently about a few things, but I have so much to be thankful for!!  Some big and small things, some that are non-important and some essentials.

I am thankful for my curly hair (Mom, I bet you never thought you would hear that).  The older I get the more I like it and the more I appreciate how easy and fast it is for me to do it in the mornings. The older I get the more I fear that I will lose it when I start to have kids.  I don't think I would know what to do with straight hair- plus the curly hair it's just part of whom I am at this point in life. It's funny, whenever someone sees a picture of my family, they all ask in surprise: "are you the only one with curly hair?."  Along with being thankful for my hair, I am thankful for Darcy, the wonderful lady who cuts it. You may laugh that I drive 2 hours to where I used to live just to get my hair cut, but she is so worth it.  Most people don't know how to cut curly hair and she does.  After cutting, she also does it so cute- she finger curls it and then it dries in ringlets.  Here are pictures on day 2 after Darcy doing it. (I probably should not announce that).

Darcy and her family has had a rough year this year, and yet she is always there greeting me with a smile and asking about my family. She even woke up at 7 am on a Saturday to meet me at her salon and do my hair for our wedding.

I am thankful for sunshine.  Today it is has been sunny and is melting the snow. This alone is a miracle. As my sister will tell you, the sun just doesn't shine in Utah much during the winter. All biases aside, I really don't remember it being like that in Colorado growing up.

I am thankful for nail polish. It makes me happy.

I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and for His Son, Jesus Christ.

I am thankful that I have been able to learn Spanish. (even though I need to practice it more before I lose it).

 I know I posted already about how grateful I am for Jake, but I am so thankful for how hard he works to support our family.  He currently has 3 jobs right now and even though our living room currently is filled with one of them:





I am so glad that he is such a hard worker and that he is good at so many things. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has always provided for us and taken care of us. It is such a blessing that both of us are employed right now and have the good jobs that we do.

I am thankful for music. I just made a playlist of tunes I am grateful for while I work on something special for tomorrow. If it turns out, I will be very thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving!  What are you thankful for?

1 comments:

Hopeful Homemaker said...

I am thankful for you. Happy Thanksgiving to the two of you. I love you!