What are your Halloween traditions? Jake and I don't do much because honestly, I think Halloween is kind of a dumb holiday. But we always include carving pumpkins and our traditional dinner in a pumpkin. What about you?
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i think we need more info about "dinner in a pumpkin" - i have never heard of that and I am so curious!
Hannah,
Basically we make dinner and then cook it in a pumpkin that is cleaned out and cook it for about an hour or so. We do varieties, but usually ground beef (last night we did chicken) with cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup and mixed with cooked rice and mushrooms and onion and sometime water chestnuts. It gets cooked in the pumpkin and you serve it out of the pumpkin. When you dish it out, you get some of the cooked pumpkin with it also and it is yummy. It was really fun growing up to have dinner out of the pumpkin :)
My mom usually makes bread bowls shaped like pumpkins, with soup in them, for halloween dinner.
When we were kids we always watched the Disney movie about Ichabod Crane. When we got older we upgraded to Wait Until Dark.
This year I made a special breakfast for Spencer. I served orange scrambled eggs (just food colored), and peach halves with raisin faces (i.e. pumpkins).
How did your dinner turn out this year? I wish we could have shared it with you again.
I definitely want to try the dinner in a pumpkin thing. Can you use any type of pumpkin?
Lauren,
as far as I know you can use any type of pumpkin. We usually buy an extra one when we buy pumpkins to carve.
Post a Comment